275th Legionary Knights

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
275th Legionary Knights

This is the home page for the 275th Legionary Knights, a Mercenary Corp. active within the Inner Sphere.

4 posters

First mech mastery.

Niunsintel
    Niunsintel
    Admin

First mech mastery.  Empty First mech mastery.

Post  Niunsintel Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:51 pm

Hey guys, so i was wondering what mechs everyone is planning on playing for their first mech.

Here is a link to help you decide.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think i will be using a centurion Initially. I think eventually i might pick up a trebutchet but it is most likely that i will spend my hours in a centurion. I might pick up an awesome for the point blank goodness that he will provide. Nothing like an enemy walking around the corner and blowing them to their gods. I think the major thing i will trying to switch is the rear mounted(if it's still rear mounted in game) Medium laser to some LRM. Well waht are you guys planning on playing?
    Aderas Keegan
    Aderas Keegan
    Admin

First mech mastery.  Empty Re: First mech mastery.

Post  Aderas Keegan Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:45 am

Truth be told, I'll probably be running the lot of 'em, with a focus on Medium/Heavy. My preferred 'Mech, from those available on that list, would have to be the Catapult K2. I've always loved heavy firepower, and even though the Catapult is lightly armored in comparison to some of the other chassis, it makes a good sniper, with or without the LRMs.
    Niunsintel
    Niunsintel
    Admin

Post  Niunsintel Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:14 am

Sounds like you will need a good scout. I know that Pestilence is planning on specializing as a light mech and so is Famine(the two light mechs that are going to be interchangeable in my lance)so when i'm not on you can utilize them Wink
    Eddansintel
    Eddansintel "WAR"

Post  Eddansintel "WAR" Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:02 pm

I think I am torn between the Awesome and the Atlas. But i like the fact that the Awesome has three ppc's and a laser but it sounds like the Atlas is a more "rounded" Mech. But i plan on getting the Founders package and trying the Atlas first. So with time I will let you guys know more when i do. GO FIGHT AND WIN!
    HellBorn
    HellBorn

Post  HellBorn Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:50 am

At first with founders, i'd probably go with a Hunchback and/or Jenner then switch to a Dragon and Centurion beefing up speed a little (if possible, should be) at the cost of fire power, and maybe 1/2 ton armor (no more than that) to round up to a ton. Oh prob a trebuchet as well, decked out with a heap of SRMS for some missle fun Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm