275th Legionary Knights

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
275th Legionary Knights

This is the home page for the 275th Legionary Knights, a Mercenary Corp. active within the Inner Sphere.

2 posters

General Steel's Application

General Steel
    General Steel

General Steel's Application Empty General Steel's Application

Post  General Steel Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:33 am

Full Name:

Kasey Collins

Pilot Name:

General Folwart Steel

Callsign:

Avalon

What is your preferred 'Mech class?

I prefer speed and maneuverability, so light's or medium's depending on the circumstances.

What is your preferred Combat Role?

I prefer command, but I am both willing and capable of adapting to any role on the battlefield.

Do you Have a mic or headset for Teamspeak?

Yes.

Have you played a MechWarrior Title before?

Yes.

How did you hear about the 275th Legionary Knights?

I read your recruitment posting.

Have you read the Rules of Conduct?

Yes.

Why do you wish to join the 275th?

The 275th Legionary Knights and I share a common interest, profit.

Is there a Knight sponsoring your application?

No.

Have you been apart of another Merc Corp before?

No.

Is there any information that you would like the 275th to know?

I need to make one thing clear. When I join a group, I expect the leadership to fight until their last breath defending that which they began. I ran with the 481st Assault Co. a few years back. Their goals were clear, very similar to those of the 275th. It turned out the bulk of their members were lazy, sloppy scrubs, but that isn't the worst of it. The leadership broke down and abandoned the poor knaves and made off with the clans resources and bills. Initially they appeared to be a unified, goal oriented and formidable force, I was wrong. They had a handful of skilled individuals, but they soon scattered once the leadership abandoned their post. I don't like making the same mistake twice. I don't like wasted time.

However, I'm still interested in what you fellas appear to be offering. For now, I want to get a piece of the action, and we'll need to talk compensation before the profits start rolling in. I haven't touched a mech in a few years, the sooner we get things rolling, the sooner I can be up to speed.

What are the Specs for the Computer that you will be playing on?

Q6600
    4gb of RAM
    10krpm HD
    9800GTX+ (Man this card has held on for a long time, but it's finally started to age over the last couple of years...runs this great so far though)

Last edited by General Steel on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:13 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed typo, decided on mech class,)
    Aderas Keegan
    Aderas Keegan
    Admin

General Steel's Application Empty Re: General Steel's Application

Post  Aderas Keegan Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Well met, General Steel. Glad to have an old vet interested in the Legionary Knights.

I hope to assuage your concerns about our structuring. The Legionary Knights is largely constructed from people I personally know, with the happy exception of a few folks coming in off the MWO forums. The people who I've got slated as second in command are competent to handle things in my absence, and I'm assured by all parties that once the game goes live and everyone can participate, activity will be high.

So, I have no plans of abandoning the Legionary Knights, and I know at least my immediate officers don't either. A lot of our recruits are green, but they're learning fast. One of the best things about the 275LK is we're starting from the ground and working our way up right now.

As to your interest in a Command position, we do have one Lance that is currently vacant and in need of a Lance leader, as well as filling out with the rest of the team. If you're interested, I've got my Skype info in the Off-topic area of the site. And if you have any other concerns, feel free to either bring them up with me directly, or in the feedback section.

So that about covers anything I feel I can say to you at this juncture. I hope you enjoy your time with the Legionary Knights, so welcome! If you're content with taking a lancemate slot for now, head on over to the Lances section and see which Lances have openings.
    General Steel
    General Steel

Post  General Steel Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:22 pm

The foundation the Knight's rest on appears to be strong indeed. This is good. Yet, as my father always said, "Trust, but verifty."

I appreciate the timely and detailed response. If your Knights possess half of the dedication that you put forth, this band will go far.

I'm typically available between 7pm and 11pm MDT on weekdays. My weekends are usually free. I'll contact you via Skype when I find the opportunity.

GS

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:41 am